Tuesday 11 June 2013

Toni & Guy Hair Products!!

So recently on one of my many random trips to boots i was wondering around the hair section looking for something to treat my (really quite badly) damaged hair! 
I have been bleaching my hair for years and was white/grey blonde since i was 19 but recently i had an allergic reaction to bleach which made my scalp come up in horrible blisters which were sooooooo painful and i knew i couldnt go on bleaching it fully, the time had come  to kiss goodbye to my lovely blonde locks and say hello to new healthy brown hair!! Even though i haven't bleached it fully in about 6 months its still very dry and needs TLC! 

There were so many masks and rescue remedies to choose from and i had a really tough time choosing what to get and thought i can always try different ones when i'm finished with them. So in the end i decided to go for Toni & Guys Nourish Reconstruction Balm (£7.19) i've never used any of there products before but had heard a few of my friends use them before. I also picked up a Toni & Guy Glamour Volume Pumping Whip (£7.19) i saw the words new and volume (2 of my favourite words) and i had to buy it instantly.






They come in nice packaging, pretty simple but i kind of like it that way. It smells amazing i'm not the best at describing smells but its not floral or fruity but like a nice rich perfume. Its what i would expect my hair to smell like once i've just been to the hairdressers. 

The first time i used the mask i had my shower got out towel dried my hair and combed it through. I put a decent sized amount of product on my hand and ran it generously through my hair. I then got a comb and then combed it through so it got to all parts of my hair. I then popped a towel round my hair waited 5 - 10 minutes and rinsed off. (you can alternatively do this in the shower and while waiting exfoliate, shave do all them girly bits)
I must say after a good 4/5 times using it my hair has felt in much better condition even after like 2/3 days after use it still smells and feels lovely. 

I didn't have high hopes for the volume whip as i have used alot of products promising volume and never had much joy but after using this i can actually see and feel the volume in my hair. I put a samll amount not to much product on my finger tips trough my head upside down (while hair is damp) and generously rub into the roots. Don't put to much on or when you dry your roots can become hard and feel gooey. I then dry my hair upside down until the roots are dry and then dry normally.

im not 100% in love with either of the products but i have been pleasantly surprised they are defiantly helping my hair get back to a normal sort of state especially while on a budget.

☮ ♥






No comments:

Post a Comment