Wednesday 22 January 2014

Slimming world Recipe #1


Sticky 5 Spice Gammon


As I said the other day this year I'm trying to get fit and healthy and i have joined slimming world this year and have found that some of the recipes are absolutely amazing and i don't even feel like I'm on a diet half the time, i had my second weigh in yesterday and lost 2 pounds so that 6 all together nearly  half a stone YAYY! so I'm going to share with you my favourite ones. This week is sticky 5 spice gammon which is so so tasty.


This recipe serves 4 and the whole recipe is 4 syns which when you share it out between 4 of you its only 1 syn which is perfect when your allowed up to 15 a day.

Ingredients2 tsp Chinese 5-Spice powder
4 x 175g gammon steak cut into bite-sized pieces (remove all the fat first)
Frylite or other syn-free cooking spray
2 red chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
Finely grated zest and juice of an orange
1 level tbsp of runny honey
100 ml of chicken stock
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
Egg noodles to serve





Most of the time I'm only making this for me and my mum so i half the ingredients and leave the chillis out as mum doesn't like spicy things. Boring i know. 






Method
1 – Cook the noodles according to packet instructions


2 – Sprinkle the 5-spice powder over the gammon pieces.
3 – Put a few sprays of frylite into a wok or large frying pan.
4 – Cook the gammon over a high heat for around 2-3 minutes until the edges are slighty browned.


5 – Add the soy sauce, honey, red chillies, orange zest and juice and stock and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until the sauce becomes sticky and the gammon is glazed and golden (with slightly burned edges if you like that sort of thing).




6 – Serve straight away with cooked egg noodles, and any pan juices poured over.









I can't even describe how amazing this tastes, i would easily eat this like 3 times a week.
Ive got a feeling this week for slimming world is going to be tough, even though I'm going to bokwa (post coming soon) and body attack. Tonight i am going for my friends birthday meal at a gorgeous Italian which is cheese and carb galore. One of my friends going is also on slimming world so were hoping to help each other make sensible choices when eating. Wish me luck!!! haha.


Have you got any slimming world recipes to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment